I’ve been a busy bunny and am terribly behind in my modelling – but it is for a good reason. I can’t quite recall if I have said this before, I think not, but part of the reason that I am about to work full time on my portfolio is also because I am moving house – from the UK to the USA!
My other half has gained employment and after about eight months of wondering whether we would receive the visa or not (it’s a lottery), it is all official and we are all legal and for the first time in my life, I have managed to take a good photo for my passport. So I am currently packing up the house and am so excited that in less than a month, we are starting a new life in the USA. I can’t wait!!!
So entries may be a little bit sporadic from now on as I panic prepare for a new life!
For now, have a small Roger update.
With horror, someone reminded me that I never actually posted a final version of the fishstand model based on a concept from Disney’s Frozen! Remedied now. More images and a video also on my website - http://www.allyalbon.com
low poly all done… nyaaaaaaaaah!
Next project! (I still need to do a final presentation of the Ghostbusters scene, it has been a busy weekend).
Because I love the show. And because it is a good excuse to create a ton of props for a character that likes costume changes. I would like to model his attic room too with his bar and lots of fun bits. (Klaus too, perhaps?)
But for now; Alien butt.
Ghostbusters scene is pretty much done! Husband gave a couple of suggestions that I will finish up tomorrow, but then it is done, done, done…. phew. Biggest project yet.
So because I couldn’t bear to look at Ecto 1 anymore, I started on my next big project, slightly different, more about prop assets (and an environment). Any guesses at this early stage?
I also really need to crack down very soon and start learning how to use Max too, seeing as it is still a more common package in the games industry…
They are for my Ghostbusters scene!
Broom! Should be finished tomorrow. Left the decals until last because they are the best bit. Chrome is… hard to do without a shader.
It may not look it, but this car has one of the most complicated uv layouts I have done so far. Still got it all onto 0-1…. just.
Determined to get this model finished in next week (or so!). Keep being distracted by the last of the summer sun…
Malaysian Tapir, finished! One of my favourite critters. I had the fortune to work at a zoo a few years ago and in particular, with Brazilian Tapirs. One of my fondest memories.
It was just over a year ago that I decided I was going to roll up my sleeves and get to grips with 3d. I had been fiddling around a little bit but nothing serious, was working more on 2d at that point, but had rapidly fallen in love with the 3d side of things. So I decided that it was time. And it has been an interesting year!
This week brings another milestone, because as of this week, I am working on my portfolio full time. I worked my notice at my job, took a week off to chill (aka watch Supernatural marathons and listen to really loud music), and from this week, it is all about the 3d! It is both really exciting and really scary. Hopefully this time next year I will have a fabulous portfolio and on my way to becoming a junior in a games company. I am still waiting to hear a final bit of information that will make this path a little clearer, until then things are still a little vague as to ultimate goals, but should hear soon.
So, yes! going to be an interesting year, I hope.
(more tapir pics at http://www.allyalbon.com)